Tuesday 15 September 2009

What causes hair loss?

My girls were roaming around without getting their hair groomed for a long time. When I noticed it almost by the end of the day, I immediately called them to come to me with a brush so that I can groom it properly. Getting overly engrossed with what they were doing, they simply refused to come to me.

Me: Girls! If you don’t come now, then it is going to be a big loss for you and not for me.

Girls: How?
Me: Just stop asking questions and come to me now.
Shruthi: Are we going out now?
Me: No. We are not.
Swathi: Then we can as well do it tomorrow.
Me: Why don’t you want to look presentable while at home?
Shruthi ran to fetch a comb and came to me. Being excited over her action, I began brushing her hair. The knots that got accumulated in her hair gave her enough pain but she still did not stop talking.


Shruthi: What will actually happen if I do not brush my hair?
Me: As you now see, lots of knots will get accumulated. Not only that, your hair will get badly damaged and you will lose hair little by little.
Shruthi: Knots, I agree but do not talk about hair loss.
Me (curiously): Why?
Shruthi: Whenever I have left my hair loose, I have never seen hair falling on its own to the floor but the moment you take a comb and start brushing, I see that hair gets curled up onto all sides of the brush. So hair loss is only due to combing.
Me : !!!!????

1 comment:

  1. Haha.... that was a cute explanation. Shruthi has an uncanny ability to come out with unexpected questions and answers that throws off balance most of the times.

    These are the sweet innocent moments of life and you have to record often.

    ReplyDelete