Wednesday 11 March 2009

Eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth

Some days back, my husband and I were having a discussion. One of my daughters intervened and asked what were we talking about. I smiled at her and said, "Nothing for you darling. You may not understand. Just go back and play." She gave me a bizarre look. The meaning of her look seemed to me thus - "What is there for you both to discuss without my intervention and what the hell have you got to discuss that I cannot understand?"

A couple of days back my daughters were talking something from the hall and I couldn't hear them since I was operating the mixie. I thought that the two were talking to me. So soon after I was done with the mixie, I went to them and asked, "What?"
Shruthi: What "what"?
Me: What do you want to say?
Shruthi: Nothing
Me: I heard you both talking while I was operating the mixie
Shruthi: Oh that?! That was anyway not meant for you
Me: @#?! What? Not meant for me?
Shruthi: Yes. Not meant for you. We were discussing something about our school and friends that which you will not know or understand.

Oops! Was this a tit for tat for what I did a few days back? I got to watch every step I take, I wish they are not going to turn out to be revengeful in the future!!

6 comments:

  1. Haha... that was a tight slap on the face. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Latha,
    You have made your own mirrors which will do whatever you do(of course you have two mirrors)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Padmaja! It indeed was a tight one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Prakashika. I have to be watchful over every action of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thevadhan..no wonder children learn everything from us - and whether we like it or not - the ones we don't want them to learn stick firmly in their little minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! They learn all strange words and behaviour from me rather than the better ones. :)

    ReplyDelete