Wednesday 11 March 2009

Staying in touch

Yesterday was my daughters' last day at school. They would soon be moving to the next grade and probably miss out some friends as a result of the shuffle they might do for the next academic year. My daughters joined this school just 5 months back and it is amazing to learn that they made good friends in this short period and because of them they loved to go to school everyday.
Last evening we had been out for a brief shopping and as we were coming back home, my daughters asked me for my mobile phone. I asked them the reason. They told me that they have obtained the telephone numbers of most of her friends to call them during these holidays. I was surprised to learn about the measures they have already started adopting to stay in touch with their friends. Friends have already started playing a great role in the minds of my young daughters. I just told them that they can call their friends the next day since it was too late last night.

4 comments:

  1. Did they make the calls? How sweet of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Not yet. They are now searching for the paper in which they wrote down their numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully they make good friends for life. Like you and me - evern though we did not meet or speak directly to each other for years in between - somehow I know that we know each other well. I'm comfortable opening up to you and know that you get me. That's what friends are about. I'm glad your girls feel that they want to be in touch with their friends. Its a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anu

    I too cannot forget the days we spent walking around our school corridor sharing sweet nothings and how hard we tried to stay in touch soon after I moved to Coimbatore. Those were the days when we did not have any e-mail facilities. I am glad we are still in touch. Yes, as you say I still feel the same comfort level I experienced with you 20 years back. Thanks for being you always.

    Forget not! We spent even our early childhood days together that you and I hardly remember. Our KG days were spent together sleeping in the same class :)

    ReplyDelete