Tuesday 10 March 2009

The real test of patience

The next twenty five days are going to be a virtual test of my patience. Yes, my kids’ school has closed and the next academic year is about to begin by April 5th and guess what – my kids will move on to Grade II from next month. How time flies! I still remember the day when they were born. I have heard that it is quite normal for any child to cry as soon as they are born. But my kids made a brief hum. I asked the nurse if it is clinically termed as ‘cry’ and she smiled at me and answered in the affirmative. For many days after birth, I hardly heard them cry that I began to panic. But now I realize that they were God given days of calm before a storm and now I am in the midst of the deafening sound of the storm.

Naturally restless am I. I just cannot sit at a place watching TV or doing nothing. How will I allow my kids to remain at home doing nothing? So I am seriously planning out a schedule for their holidays with loads of interesting activities for Mommy and kidos. I have planned for some brain activities, colouring stuff, creative paper-craft, reading activities, and many such things. They are pretty much excited about their holidays. I will hardly have any time to sit and relax! But it is part of the game. All said and done, it is indeed a wonderful experience to be a Mother. I have to prepare a ‘To do’ list to equip myself before we start our holiday programme.

I should be prepared with lots of goodies for them to munch
I got to buy glitter glue
I need to buy some small toys as a reward for both of them at the end of every week.

I have to bear many things in mind before drafting the schedule of activities for the holiday. –
I should allot too many snack breaks in their holiday schedule
I should not ruin their holiday fun by getting annoyed over their silly pranks
I should imbibe patience in my mind
I should imbibe patience in my mind
I should imbibe patience in my mind.

Let me play and enjoy with them for the next twenty five days.


5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with children. My best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real test for ur patience and scheduling skills!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep chanting.

    Plan a day where you all sleep till late - maybe till afternoon - get up - don't take a shower - eat take out food - and laze around and have a laughing competition - when you are all tired laughing - go back to sleep - and wake up and eat again and go to bed in the night - repeat this once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Anu! This seems to be an exercise to our jaw muscles. Will try that out. Hope none around us mistake us to be insane :) Thanks for the idea anyway.

    ReplyDelete